Where you are: AdBlue Information > DOís and DONíTS
DOís and DONíTS
AdBlue DO’s and DON’TS
What is AdBlue ?
Colourless liquid made from pure urea and pure water. The purity must be main-tained during the whole chain of production/storage/distribution/storage/filling truck.
Why do I need AdBlue?
Together with the SCR (Selected Catalytic Reduction) system, the AdBlue ensures the transfer from NOx in harmless water and nitrogen, in order to meet the required EURO4, resp. 5 or 6 emission levels.
- ONLY buy AdBlue from AdBlue licensees, registered by VDA.
- AdBlue according ISO 22241 must be displayed on the filling stations, resp. AdBlue containers
- Protect AdBlue against any contamination of fuel, oil, water, dust, dirt, metals, detergent etc.
- ONLY use dedicated equipment for storage and dispensing.
- Store the AdBlue between 30įC and -11įC to maintain min. shelf life of 18 months. (Note: gently warm up of frozen AdBlue will not harm the quality)
- DON’T buy AdBlue from non-registered VDA suppliers.
- DON’T use AdBlue as a diesel additive.
- DON’T add AdBlue in any fuel tank.
- DON’T operate without AdBlue
- DON’T use fuel or lubricants or any non-dedicated equipment for your AdBlue
- DON’T refill used AdBlue containers without certified cleaning (a.o: IBC, drums).
- DON’T store AdBlue in direct sunlight.